Monday, February 7, 2011

food for thought

for the past several weeks i have been SLIGHTLY on top of my game and have planned all my meals for the week.  this has also included buying all my groceries for these meals in advance.  the hope behind this effort is that 1) i can avoid an absurd amount of grocery store visits during the week with two kiddos en route, 2) dinner time is at least one step easier in that i at least have a handful of meals, and their ingredients, available for making, 3) it makes me feel like my life is momentarily less chaotic.
and, as i've begun this blog thing i started thinking maybe i should share my list of meals with my friends.  my hope behind this effort is that 1) someone can steal a dinner idea when they don't want to try and come up with something, 2) you all can help me improve my meals... seriously, i run to "SALAD" everytime i look to put a veggie in the meal- HELP!, 3) great, simple, easy and delicious meal ideas can be passed along to me!
so with that, here is this week's meal agenda.  note that i've planned for 5 days... the other 2 days are for leftovers, take out, etc.

1) Poppy Seed Chicken, Rolls, Salad
2) Spinach Quiche, Rolls, Rice
3) Yogurt marinated Chicken, Risotto, Spinach w/toast (a spinach casserole thing)
4) Tomato soup & Grilled Cheese
5) Chicken Asian Noodles, Egg Rolls

Suggestions for improving any of these meals is ALWAYS welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Tonight I made a delicious chicken casserole from the back of the Stovetop box. Not totally low-cal, but you can make it that way if you wanted. Ingredients--cooked chicken, frozen broccoli, fat free cream of mushroom, skim milk, and cheddar cheese, topped with prepared Stove Top stuffing. Like I said it's on the back of the StoveTop box and it's good! Your menu sounds yummy too!!!--Lauren K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you! i always feel so accomplished when i plan out meals...

    i did make a new recipe this week and posted it on my blog. it was delish!

    ReplyDelete